Fixing a leaking waste pipe with putty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can someone help? I have had a leaking waste from the bath. Access has had to be made in the ceiling of the room below. The leaking joint is between the waste pipe and the soil pipe.

I called a plumber who has covered it in some kind of putty.

This appears to have worked, however I am slightly concerned that it will not last. I would not be some worried however when we redo the ceiling I will not be able to have access to check the repair and it will be very expensive if it doesn’t work permanently to cut another hole in the dinning room ceiling.

Is this a good fix or should I try to get someone replace the joint properly?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bunters1976

Sponsored Links
Hi

Can someone help? I have had a leaking waste from the bath. Access has had to be made in the ceiling of the room below. The leaking joint is between the waste pipe and the soil pipe.

I called a plumber who has covered it in some kind of putty.

This appears to have worked, however I am slightly concerned that it will not last. I would not be some worried however when we redo the ceiling I will not be able to have access to check the repair and it will be very expensive if it doesn’t work permanently to cut another hole in the dinning room ceiling.

Is this a good fix or should I try to get someone replace the joint properly?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bunters1976

Not the best fix in a place like that. It could last for ever or fail the day after you have the ceiling repaired.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back