Fixing a light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

The light in my children's room is broken. The bit that you put the bulb in has broken, so that the bulb will not stay in there.

How do I fix it?

Sponsored Links
Oops my bad wording. That is what I meant in the first place.

How do I do that? and where do I get one from?

I take it the light fitting is a bog standard ceiling rose, 200mm of cable and a lampholder? If so you only need to replace the lampholder.

B&Q should sell them. Simply unscrew the top part, loosen and remove the two wires and replace them in the new one. Polarity is not important.

Isolate etc first of course.

Hope that helps!

Colin C

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your help Ccam :D I will have a proper look at it tomorrow.

Hehe I thought that Reggie was joking :D made me chuckle :D

Isolate etc first of course.

And by "isolate", this means turning off the lighting circuit at the consumer unit (fusebox) and not just switching the light off at the switch in the bedroom!

Thank you. I will have a look at that and see what I need to do. LOL though if it really comes down to it I will just switch the electricity off just to be extra safe.

That's a good idea - there's always the chance of a borrowed neutral....

Err - I did take the exchange

And by "isolate", this means turning off the lighting circuit at the consumer unit (fusebox) and not just switching the light off at the switch in the bedroom!
if it really comes down to it I will just switch the electricity off just to be extra safe.
to mean that Jedi wouldn't just turn off the MCB....

No?

fair do's.. I seem to have missed that one when i read the thread..

I hereby retract my statement...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back