Can anyone assist with problem spot lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recesed spot lights in the living room six of them controlled with a dimmer they are the older larger bulb version not the new funky halogen type.

The other day one bulb went with a pop when the lights were turned on and it fliped the junction box so after fliping it back the other lights came on and the broken bulb was reveled I got a replacement bulb and put that in and nothing happened the other lights came on but this one did not i took the bulb out next to the this one and tried the new bub here it didnt work so i thought it was a dodgy bulb but when I replaced the working one that didnt work either I tried this again with the next one and the same thing happens if i remove a working bulb and then put it straight back it then no longer works obviously the bulbs are fine but im bemused as to what the problem could be.

Sponsored Links
Screw or bayonet fittings? Sounds like the springiness has gone out of the fittings.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back