Fixing Fairy Lights to Roofs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a bit of a childish yearning to outline my house, including the roof, with fairy lights and as they where going super cheap in BnQ at the end of last year I have quite (havent added up the total lenght yet) and was wondering what the best way of secureing them to the roof/ridge would be and what cunning plans our members could come up with.

Best I have so far is metal tile hook type set up but I would have to find some cat ladders. Or alternativly I had thought about feeding some conduit top out from inside the attic down to gutter level, tie some cord onto that, and the lights onto that, and pull them up the roof into place?

Roof is a fairly bod standard afair, marley tiles, fully hipped design.

Cunning plans welcome!

Daniel

Sponsored Links
I think you can get silicon resin fixers for attaching lights to roof tiles.

Probably on the tele-shopping channels.

Sponsored Links
Dhutch called me as had some spare cat ladders so we gave him a hand.

It's all done.

215389.jpg

I see no need for it to be taste full, that could quite easily be the house up the road from me, or for that matter, the other half of my semi.

The way I see it is, first house, large 1940's council semi, massive inner child, got to be done.

Nobody likes my idea of winching it up from gutter height with cord poke down from inside then? In thinking along the ridge, and the two ridges of the hipped gable (we're on a corner plot) then under the eves, down the corners of the house, round the windows. Cant put them along the front wall and fence because last year they got torn down on saturday night be the returning rabble from the pub!

Daniel

I have a bit of a childish yearning to outline my house, including the roof, with fairy lights and as they where going super cheap in BnQ at the end of last year I have quite (havent added up the total lenght yet) and was wondering what the best way of secureing them to the roof/ridge would be and what cunning plans our members could come up with.

Best I have so far is metal tile hook type set up but I would have to find some cat ladders. Or alternativly I had thought about feeding some conduit top out from inside the attic down to gutter level, tie some cord onto that, and the lights onto that, and pull them up the roof into place?

Roof is a fairly bod standard afair, marley tiles, fully hipped design.

Cunning plans welcome!

Daniel

Dont do it,it looks cheap and tacky, I hate them

4inch nail straight through the tile i'm thinking, you may have more luck asking this question on a serious DIY forum :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

PS good luck and before you venture onto the roof make sure your insurances are up to-date :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

4inch nail straight through the tile i'm thinking, you may have more luck asking this question on a serious DIY forum :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

PS good luck and before you venture onto the roof make sure your insurances are up to-date :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

And Fire Insurance when the property burns down !

Sponsored Links
Back