Fixing Fairy Lights to Roofs?

Normal house insurance would not cover this sort of display.
You would have to take out a separate policy and have it installed professionally. People have been caught out in the past when bad weather has damaged their house only to find the insurance either won't pay up (because you have made alterations to the structure), or will pay out a reduced sum.
If in any doubt give them a ring. Oh, and if its council property they can force you to remove them immediately.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but its your responsibility.

Sponsored Links
You can pay a bit extra cash on your buildings insurance to cover yourself against DIY damage to your gaff. I'm assuming this additional cover would pay out if you put a hole in the roof while fixing lights.

Its council owned anymore, and given the display put on by the other half of the building which still is, they dont mind. I dont have acidental damage cover, but am not intending to take to it with a large hammer so am not overly worried about that. They are also low power LED strings so relativily unlikely to cause fire. I suppose I could check, but I wouldnt expect displaying fairy lights off the house to be an exclusion?

Inlight of no sensable suggestions, and not getting chance to try poking conduit and string around the place or find anyone with any cat ladders I might reduce the plan to just lighting the walls.

I know exactly what it will look like, and that it will not be to everyones taste (and in many ways, not my own) but I dont thing taste should get in the way of sillyness in this instance! There will be photos, I promiss.

Daniel

You go ahead and don't let these nay saying elf and safety nutters put you off. let us know your lecckie bill

Sponsored Links
You go ahead and don't let these nay saying elf and safety nutters put you off. let us know your lecckie bill
Fook me, you are a missrable ruddy bunch on this thread arnt you? lol

BnQ 400 light LED set, 30 meters, 0.06watts.

Even with ten of them on 24/7, paying £1 a kWh, its £1.50 a day. Can me liberal with my money, but I can stomach that for a month in the aid of a bit of fun and christmass spirit.

Daniel

Back