Fixing holes in a pond

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been given a pond it’s plastic and has a few holes in, just would like to know hot patch these ?

Sponsored Links
I'd be tempted to keep the plastic pond, glue on a bit of plastic from the water side, and then use a liner.
You could use glass fibre but if it leaks again you are back to square one

Sponsored Links
I have been given a pond it’s plastic and has a few holes in, just would like to know hot patch these ?
Depends where they are, if theres a decent volume of water below the repaired holes it may be worth taking the chance of a repair holding. If not, theres nothing worse than getting a pond populated with plants, fish or wildlife and loosing it all if the leak springs again.

If the holes are small, wouldn't a MS polymer such as CT1 be sufficient?

Looks like the OP can't be bothered to come back with anymore information.

I can't see the point in asking a question on a forum with many different types of experts and not adding more information. I have being a Koi keeper for many years.

Andy

Is there some maximum time the OP has to respond within? Who knows, perhaps they have a life outside the internet.

I think that some of the fibreglass resins might adhere to some plastics.

I would test one and if it adhered then I would use it reinforced by glass fibre.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back