Fixing insulation boards to studwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am converting my integral double garage to a workshop. I intend to erect a stud work wall just behind the up and over door (about 150 mm in from the door) by fixing rigid insulation panels to the back of the stud work (between stud work and up and over door), fill between the noggins with rockwool and face the wall with 18 mm ply wood. My question is how can I fix the Rigid insulation panels to the back of the stud wall using a method that can be undone easily (as opposed to grab fix) if I need to convert the workshop back to a garage? All constructive suggestions welcome:)

Sponsored Links
Screws and tape the joints (gaffa will do)

Sponsored Links
How are you getting the board on the other side if you don't have access?

I will have no access to the face of the boards

Then you are building it wrong. Foil insulation is more efficient on the room side to reflect the heat back into the room.

If you still want to do it that way, then you need to build the frame on the floor, insulate it and then put it in place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back