Fixing picture rail - uneven ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have almost fixing picture rail in my living room, and have discovered that my ceiling is not level across the chimney breast (about 1 inch out). I just wanted to check that the picture rail should still be fixed level (using a spirit level) rather than in line with the ceiling.

Thanks,

Jo

Sponsored Links
If you paint the celing, and the wall drop to the picture rail, in the same colour (e.g. matt white) people will not notice the wavy ceiling.

Thanks. When I offered up the picture rail to the correct i.e. level line I had drawn, it does look a bit wonky but I have since put up coving and so it shouldn't show as much.

My fireplace surround below has been installed level and I intend to put up a mirror which will also be level so it makes sense not to perpetuate the 'mistake' of the uneven ceiling!

Jo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back