Fixing plywood sub-floor to tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need to put a plywood sub floor down on my wooden plank kitchen floor ready for vinyl click in planks. There is one area that has red tiles. Can I just glue the plywood over the tiles as opposed to drilling lots of holes for screws? This area will mainly be covered with washing machine and kitchen units.

Sponsored Links
Are they old quarry tiles ? Could be no dpm under them though.
If your taking the risk of going over then glue the plywood onto them with something like gripfill.
Under the kitchen units don’t ply over so the tiles can still breathe

Hi dazlight, they are just these matt red tiles where the 1920's cooker was placed. Can I just glue straight on to these or do they need to breath? In this pic they had subfloor on top of them before which I took off.

WP_20171026_004.jpg

Sponsored Links
ok cheers. I might try adding a screw at each corner as a re-enforcement.

I wouldn’t mate as the tiles will be holding back moisture. Just glue it and weigh it down for few hours

ok sounds good. I got some Gripper glue, will just streak it along and hold down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back