Fixing / replacing Gravel board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a broken gravel board amd the neighbours have had a new fence installed without replacing the board.

From my side its out of sync with the fence posts and I have soil etc over spilling. I want something to tidy it up and stop the overspill. However as it isn't level I can nkt install a straight piece of timber to cover it up.

Can't lift the panel out as the neighbours have capped the fence joining to the other fence panels..

How easy to angle grinder it out and replace with a timber board?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG20230524193948.jpg
    IMG20230524193948.jpg
    640.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG20230524202634.jpg
    IMG20230524202634.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 78
Sponsored Links
Wood would rot. Can't you shutter it and pour some cement in there or even a course or two of brick/patio pavers?

That's the idea. As it sticks out and isn't level I want rid of it. The panel is only supported by the concrete posts wedged in and a small brick. So I want to remove the gravel board, add better support ie. Bricks and then cover the bricks with a timber gravel board screwed to the bottom fence cross support. This could be raised from the earth slightly as its not technically supporting the fence but more decorative.

Or how about. Removing existing gravel board. Cutting new one in half in inserting into slots of fence posts. Won't be perfect will support fence better and also look better.

Sponsored Links
You could cut gravel board to one end only and offer in one end , move across to dead centre and wedge both ends to prevent movement .

Thanks Foxhole, I'd thought of that. I hope to pave it in a year or so time, so want it tidying up. This sounds a good option that will add support to the fence panel and also look more aesthetically pleasing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back