Fixing Shower Door To Stud Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, fitting a 1200 sliding shower door across bottom of bathroom so making a cubile but as sods law would have it I'm nowhere near a stud to screw the door frame to the wall

Will I need to fit some noggins in at the screw point prior to tilling the wall and fitting the door frame or is there and easier way :confused:

Sponsored Links
i would thin noggins are a good idea by the sound of it, you can get many types of plasterboard fixings these days from the likes of screwfix which will take quite some weight but if that screen was to take some sideways force i.e. falling into it or leaning up it, well i wouldn't like to say how the screen would hold up if it was only screwed into the board.

just my opinion of course.

has the plasterboard already been put up?

If not trowelmonkey1's idea you could try putting longer noggin's up the length of the stud wall, set it back the thickness of some plywood and then screw the ply to the noggin's so it is flush with the stud wall. This way when you attach your shower screen you don't have to worry about missing the noggin's in trowelmoney1's idea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back