Fixing stainless stell splashback to kitchen wall...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to fit a 1m x 2m splashback to a kitchen wall.. and need advice on adhesive selection... The supplier recommended Evostik Seriously tough, which I assume is similar to No More Nails.. and the like...

I did notice reading the back of a tube of NMN that you only have a small window within which to fix the materials together... so Ill need to apply it to the splashback, then mount it within 10 mins or so...

The kitchen wall which is painted, has some flaking paint... so Im sure I should get rid of any of this, or remove all the paint?? Ive also noticed some slightly hollow parts of the underlying plaster, so I dont know whether to remove this.. theres not much, so I was hoping the stanless steel would cover enough area not to have to bother removing it... or should I play it safe, and knock the blown plaster away... Id hate for the sheet to fall off the wall...

Any advice...

Sponsored Links
I counter sunk holes around mine and fixed with pig nose screws, less obvious than standard screws.The glue suggested would be a contact adhesive, you would need to get positioning spot on as once it touches the wall it will not move again.

I dont have any tools for drilling steel...

Are you referring to the Evostik as the contact adhesive?? Ok.. Ill go with the NMN then, I have used this before to stick small metal brackets to concrete, and you do get some time for positioning etc...

Sponsored Links
Hillw, word of warning: if you keep advertising your company and products you will soon be 'over the hill', as you are not abiding to the forum rules, and will be booted out!

Lou.

Sorry about that but it is still a good product, I do use it myself, and wouldn't recommend it if I didn't

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back