Fixing Steel To Concrete Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fixing a steel track thats 2.5m long and 100mm deep into a concrete floor that will be holding a free standing glass screen (about 250kg in weight and 2.3m high) but I can only drill into the concrete 40mm max.....just wondered if anyone knew the best and most sufficient fixings to use????

Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Use chemibolts. They either come in a glass thimble or more ofter a two part adhesive in a silicon type tube. Squeeze the adhesive into the hole and drop in some studding. That way you will not put extra stress on the concrete.

But 250kg free standing glass panel!!!!!. How wide is you track.? I am presuming you are only supporting the bottom 100mm, not a side, but Im not sure if the track is sunk into the concrete or sits on top? Do you have more details of the track?

Sponsored Links
Thanks

My steel track is 300mm flat steel wide with 2 upright 100mm steel welded to it to form a 30mm void which the glass will be sitting in and i'll arbocol that into place. It'll have 10 fixings either side of the panel so 20 fixings in total. All the steel is 12mm. This steel will be bolted down to the concrete and this is all that will be supporting the panel....

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back