Fixing tiles to plywood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I use an ordinary waterproof tile adhesive to fix a 100mm verticle band of mosaic tiles onto a 100mm strip of 3mm ply which I want to use to 'pad' out the mosaics if you can understand what I mean.......providing I apply some PVA to the ply will it be ok??

The mosaics are 3mm thick and the tiles surrounding them are 7mm.

Sponsored Links
You would be better off bedding up with adhesive.Get a bit of scrap timber a bit wider than the span of the boarder,cut a 4-5mm notch out of 2 corners,put some adhesive in the gap and drag the piece of wood along the gap with the notches sitting on the wall tiles.

This will fill the gap with with adhesive and leave enough depth to bed in your mosaics (you will need to leave it to dry over night).

when you fit the mosaics use a grout float to press them in,this will keep them nice and flat and flush with the wall tiles.

Lancenotalot....................that seems a cool idea...............i'll try that today....cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back