1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Do mosaics compress?

Discussion in 'Tiling' started by xAlex, 31 Jul 2019.

1. xAlex

xAlex

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello all. I’m going to tile with 250x400x7mm tiles. Half way up the wall (or there abouts), I’m going to put a 100mm strip of mosaic tiles horizontally. It’s concerning me that as these mosaics are on a web, the tiles which go above them may compress them together if there is any slippage , then the tiles and the mosaic would be misaligned etc. Is this a concern?
    Secondly, has anyone used the attached adhesive to good effect or should I use a powdered quick dry?
    Thank you

Attached Files:

2. terryplumb

terryplumb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    What thickness are the mosaics ?
    You can buy adhesive backed ,plastic mesh sheets ( around 300 x 300 mm).
    The mosaic sheet sticks to the rigid mesh' s adhesive back. Can be cut with a sharp Stanley knife into strips. This method reduces the chance of the mosaics changing position ,especially if used in conjunction with a few tile spacers.
    I only use powder adhesive for mosaics, and larger size tiles ( including the size you refer to ).

3. foxhole

foxhole

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    When adding boarder place tiles in first ( use baton to support upper tiles and when set, place in mosaics.Used this method in my shower room.