Do mosaics compress?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all. I’m going to tile with 250x400x7mm tiles. Half way up the wall (or there abouts), I’m going to put a 100mm strip of mosaic tiles horizontally. It’s concerning me that as these mosaics are on a web, the tiles which go above them may compress them together if there is any slippage , then the tiles and the mosaic would be misaligned etc. Is this a concern?
Secondly, has anyone used the attached adhesive to good effect or should I use a powdered quick dry?
Thank you

Attachments

• B876C21D-6F7C-4056-9656-5D65761ECCB9.jpeg
    B876C21D-6F7C-4056-9656-5D65761ECCB9.jpeg
    268.6 KB · Views: 143
Sponsored Links
What thickness are the mosaics ?
You can buy adhesive backed ,plastic mesh sheets ( around 300 x 300 mm).
The mosaic sheet sticks to the rigid mesh' s adhesive back. Can be cut with a sharp Stanley knife into strips. This method reduces the chance of the mosaics changing position ,especially if used in conjunction with a few tile spacers.
I only use powder adhesive for mosaics, and larger size tiles ( including the size you refer to ).

When adding boarder place tiles in first ( use baton to support upper tiles and when set, place in mosaics.Used this method in my shower room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back