Fixing timber cladding and insulation to Park Home.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a Park Home.I want to put timber cladding on the outside and in between the battens-board insulation.I'm going to use shiplap cladding.Given that the insulation boards are 4ft.wide,is'nt that toowide to space the battens?What about cutting boards in half ie 2ft?I need the insulation 'cause last winter it was freezing.I'm not sure how to finish the cladding at the corners of the chalet and around the windows.I know there's some brilliant carpenters out there-so come on lads Help! Please!
I would be especially grateful if anyone can show me pictures.I can saw straight and do basic woodwork ok.One other point-the insulation boards come in different thicknesses,i thought about 35mm Kingspan which would need 35mm battens,then on top the shiplap is 19mm thick=total thickness 54mm.Maybe i should use thinner insulation but then i'd have more heat escaping.???

Sponsored Links
The trick is fix the battens over/through the insulation, using long screws. You need to be sure that the screw is of the right length to provide decent fixing and that they are going through into the timber studs.

Corners can be fiddly, you can either make the ends meet at the corners, and put a small square strip of timber to cover both the end grains, or you could use a corner cover piece made from timber, upvc or metal.

50mm would be a bit better (not sure what/if building regs apply to park homes) fixing detail should be on the kingspan website, or give them a call.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back