Fixing to hollow door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was hoping someone may be able to help - what's the best way to fix a towel/dressing gown hook to a (bathroom) hollow door? Do I need a special type of rawl plug or is it a bad idea altogether?

thanks

Sponsored Links
thanks - from googling I'd read conflicting reports so your replies are very reassuring.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
squirt a good dollop of gripfill into the hole prior to fitting the plug.. should set inside the door as a solid mass..

I ended up doing that, the plugs tended to turn and push through the weak door face when I was trying to do them up. I might put a washer under the lip of the plug if I do it again to stop them pulling through.

You can get a flush door hook that hooks over the top of the door , no screws required.
Hate hollow doors myself, would skip them. Some are so weak hanging clothes on them will cause them to split and delaminate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back