Fixing two fence posts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I am putting up a fence along a boundary wall. There is an existing wall which is 600mm high and the neighbour wants the new fence to run down the middle of this. Therefore I have proposed concreting in a wooden posts on my side of the wall and then attaching another post to this, on top of the existing wall as it will then sit on the middle of the wall.

My question is, what is the best method to use to fix the 2 100mm posts to each other?

Hope this makes sense,

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'd be inclined to bolt the posts together for maximum strength. Use a stainless coach bolt with a counterbored nut and washer if you like.
You may like to consider fixing the post that is running up the side of the wall to the brick work, using a frame fixer or similar if there is any movement......there will be a fair bit of leverage at the top of your posts when the job is done.
John :)

Thanks for that, coach bolt looks like a good idea. I was thinking of fixing into the brickwork, possibly using a masonry bolt on each post.
Chris

wooden posts rot, which will be very tiresome when they are concreted in next to a wall.

as you are using a spur method, consider putting concrete spurs in the ground, which will not rot. they have bolt holes to fasten your wooden post to.

Sponsored Links
Hello,
I am putting up a fence along a boundary wall. There is an existing wall which is 600mm high and the neighbour wants the new fence to run down the middle of this. Therefore I have proposed concreting in a wooden posts on my side of the wall and then attaching another post to this, on top of the existing wall as it will then sit on the middle of the wall.

My question is, what is the best method to use to fix the 2 100mm posts to each other?

Hope this makes sense,

Thanks
Whats it got to do with the neighbour if it's your fence , just fix to your side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back