Fixing Unit to Heated Tile Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just had my bathroom done and my tiler fitted under-tile heating - the electrical cable type, not the proper CH pipes.

Unfortunately, I now have to mount a cabinet to the floor and it seems that the tiler has fitter the heating mat into the alcove where the unit is supposed to fit.

Here's the unit:

http://dwell.co.uk/103366/Rotating-mirrored-floor-cabinet/

As you can see, the unit rotates on a bar that mounts to the floor.

The tiling is ceramic, about 10mm thick. I was thinking about drilling 10mm holes into the tile and fixing some threaded bar into the holes with Anchorset chemical anchor and spreading some liberally between the bar face and the tile as well.

Opinions and/or other options very welcome! :)

Sponsored Links
maybe a.. pinkgrip/gripfill etc..,then there wont be a chance of any damage to cables.

one of the other guys might be along with a better option.

I would guess the base fixing needs to be VERY stable so, as the advice given, 'pink grip' to bond a piece of timber to the tiles, which you'll have to paint black and then fix to this, making your pivotal point strong enough to take the rotation!

Mike Lyons

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back