Fixongs for Alu bifold door frame to brick

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whats the best fixings to use to fit an external bifold door to brick? I was gonna use standard T30 concrete screws, but worried they will be too big and will damage the thermal break.

Sponsored Links
There is a special concrete screw, they don't need wall plugs, it has a torx head. you drill a pilot hole using sds drill and then the torx masonry screw 7.5 and you use the appropriate length.

Whats the best fixings to use to fit an external bifold door to brick? I was gonna use standard T30 concrete screws, but worried they will be too big and will damage the thermal break.
If you don't know what fixings to use, what business do you have tackling a set a bi-folds? Thrill seeker?

Sponsored Links
I've fitted plenty of composite doors and upvc windows b4, just never done a bifold.

Went in fine..... but oh my god, the beads are a total nightmare. All sorted, but getting them in was the hardest, most stressful thing I've ever done. Ever.

The type where the bead itself fits easily then you need to faff around with the rubber gasket? I didn’t find them too bad after getting the knack of it by not being too fussy about whether there’s any slack in the gasket

Yeah.... I could get three sides in ok, but the 4th bead was so tight to get in, it was awful. 3 hours at least. Total nightmare. I've not put the gasket in yet, but that should be pretty straightforward.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back