Flag Hinge Covers

I used the biggest Phillips driver that would fit through the hole. There's no screwing involved, the driver is only used as a lever so you could use anything (round steel stock?) that fits. Just put the lever into the hole and angle it backward - toward the centre of the door - against the hole sides and hinge edge. A thin driver/lever will likely mangle the hinge cover hole as it's only a soft alloy.. The resulting torque should cause the hinge cover to flex and the two lugs (left-hand side of the photos above) should just pop off.
I removed four of mine without difficulty. I have subsequently had cause to remove another one and found it a little trickier to remove but it's off ...

Sponsored Links
Fantastic and many thanks, I will give it a try when I get home and report back.

Well I managed to get two of the three hinge covers off but the top cover is proving troublesome with the hole looking worse for wear now. This leads me to question if the hinges are easy to replace and do you know which hinges will be pretty much like for like ?

Sponsored Links
Managed to get two of the three covers off and now have faith for getting the third off. I am thinking about replacing the hinges, do you know replacements that will enable me to avoid drilling new holes to fit them? (The current BKV ones are discontinued).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back