Flaking exterior wall any ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a problem…. I am about to paint the outside of my mothers house, where I have been cleaning down a wall ready for painting there was a small flaking patch of old paint. It looks like the last old coat was put on a dirty wall as there is green mould under there :mad: so I go the pressure washer out and away came most of the paint.... oops. I have now got to the stage where most of the lose paint has come off but in places I am now left with bare concrete. Am I best to?

1) Remove what is left of the lose paint and then go for it.
2) Do one but use stabilizer first.
3) Get that part of the wall re rendered.
4) What ever you lot have to say ;)

The concrete below doesn't look too bad but I have seen better.

Any help would be great and thanks in advance,

Cheers
Ed

Sponsored Links
1) Remove what is left of the lose paint and then go for it. Yes...you will certainly need to remove all the lose and flaky paint

2) Do one but use stabilizer first...only stabilise if the surface is powdery or chaulky3) Get that part of the wall re rendered.

Thin the first coat out by 15-20% for the bare bits..then bring it forward and proceed as normal

Thanks Zampa,
I think my biggest query is where is has gone down to the concrete, it looks as if the first little bit of it is coming off, so as I take off the lose paint some of the concrete is coming too. Not got any where near bare brick but I have little depressions in what was a concrete pebbledash surface. Is there a way I can fill these and give it the pebbledash effect again?

cheers

There used to be a stuff made by blue circle that was good for patching dash..sorry I cant remember the name of it though

Sponsored Links
papergirl said:
Sad realy, they say the memory is one of the first things to go!

:cry:

Ive still got my strength though... ;)

Lost quick a bit over the last week!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back