Flaking grout on wetroom floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, just moved into our first ever house, so am a bit of a DIY novice. This is question 1 of 3 across 3 different forums, so any help you can give will be appreciated!

We have a small wetroom in a downstairs extension and some of the grout used on the floor has flaked away, particularly around the waste outlet (picture attached). It has left quite a gap on one corner of the outlet- do I just chuck the grout in there, even though it looks deeper than I would expect?

Also, as it only a small job, I dont want to buy a huffing great sack of powdered grout for this little area- will the Mapei Waterproof Fix & Grout from Screwfix do the job, or should I be looking at something else?

Cheers

Chris

IMG_0630.JPG

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
cut all the old grout out, check for any loose tiles or any movement in the tiles, if there is you will have to remove them and rectify any fault that caused this in the first place, then replace old tiles or with new, depending on if they came up with out breaking, then regrout. i.m.o there are a few grout lines that are way to wide for my liking, yes mapie waterproof grout will do.
What is the substrate made from ? also be careful that you do not damage any tanking system in lace or that will need rectified to

Much appreciated, thanks. No idea about the substrate unfortunately, it's not something we've put in ourselves. Agree about the wide lines, it looks like a bit of a cheap job to me. Will patch up for now and look to retile at some point

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back