Flamingo 50

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know this is a bit pathetic - I have (I think) worked out that the thermocouple needs replacing on my Flamingo 50 boiler and I'm sure I can do that. However, I can't for love nor money remove the front casing. I've looked for screws etc but can't find any. Can anyone help me?

Sponsored Links
Only Qualified Engineers can open up a Flamingo as tests have to be carried out on completion to ensure that seals are 100% there are also Asbestos containing rope seals in the older ones! ;)

Its only the outside casing that I want to take off. I'm currently unemployed and cannot afford for an expert to come out. I've had no hot water or heating for weeks now. I thought replacing a thermocouple was relatively easy. :D

Its only the outside casing that I want to take off. I'm currently unemployed and cannot afford for an expert to come out. I've had no hot water or heating for weeks now. I thought replacing a thermocouple was relatively easy. :D

No there is also a panel inside that has to be removed, but, as said,although they are basic and simple, there is an issue with them. We are not allowed to give gas advice on this forum anyway

Sponsored Links
Interesting senario here.

No hot water means unfit for human habitation.

Unemployment payments only cover food and essentials.

Seems you could ask the Council to rehouse you!

You could write to your MP and the PM if you can afford a stamp.

I own my house, so don't think the council will rehouse me. However, dropping a line to my local MP would be a good idea. It has been so miserable - all over wash with cold water, boiling kettles to wash dishes and no help anywhere, i've tried grants, crisis payments etc to no avail. At my wits end. :cry:

I own my house, so don't think the council will rehouse me. However, dropping a line to my local MP would be a good idea. It has been so miserable - all over wash with cold water, boiling kettles to wash dishes and no help anywhere, i've tried grants, crisis payments etc to no avail. At my wits end. :cry:

What is your conceptpf hte cost?

What makes you deduce a t/c problem?

If you cant do something as simple as take a flamingo case off best leave alone , not being funny but it takes 30 seconds and even if you have never done it before anything longer than 2 mins to work out is taking the pish

What is your conceptpf hte cost?

What makes you deduce a t/c problem?

The OP wont know, as he / she will have been advised by a diyer. Whats the betting it aint been serviced in years? We (us RGI's) know that a regular service would elimanate this kind of enquiry.

I wont discuss prices on a DIY forum. Tony does it all for us. :rolleyes:

OP, when was your motor last serviced?

We are probably not permittted to tell you but the instruction manual that came with the boiler will have all the information you need and is a requirement it was left with you (35 years ago!).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back