Obsolete Gas valve replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where I can get a gas valve for a Potterton Flamingo 50 balanced flue boiler.
My existing gas valve has a leak and I am just about to sell the house so don't want to replace the whole boiler.
I think the boiler is circa 1978!

Sponsored Links
Most parts are still available.

Have you got the exact model or GC number?

You need the gas council number ( gc ****** ) to obtain a part from a spares shop and a corgi engineer to fit it.

this is a standard honeywell grey push button gas valve v4600 available from http://www.partscenter.co.uk/parts/index.html
497926.gif.0806071154bkpprd
497926 H/WELL V4600C 1029 GAS VALVE 240V

corgi job only gas valve needs setting up aslo replace thermocouple

Sponsored Links
Early Flamingo takes a SIT composite gas valve (part no 402923) but later Flamingo 2 takes Honeywell V4600 (part no 402803).

My Flamingo mk 1 also had the honeywell valve never seen a flamingo with a sit valve and we had thousands on contract

On second thoughts the flamingo 2 may be older than the Flamingo 20/35 or 35/50 which had the SIT valve. That's from the MIs so I'm not making it up this time.

402923 1 Gas control valve, SIT Composit RS20/50 381749
402939 1 Gas control valve, SIT Nova CF20/50 381627

So definately a mixture!

Chris your right the flamingo 20/35 had a sit valve but this was a different design of boiler all together from the Rs 50 which only used honeywells .The 20/35 looked like it had been made from a netaheat.

Some of the really early ones had red and white button honeywells but these where the flamingo rs13

V4400. Yep still avialable around 90 quid i think. Think still used on some commercial overhead heaters etc

V4400. Yep still avialable around 90 quid i think. Think still used on some commercial overhead heaters etc

blimey charlie, I aint changed one of the for years!

that sit valve is that the huge lump of a valve?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back