Flase ceilings on to a concrete one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to hide some unsightly wires and stuff by installing false ceilings in to my ground floor flat. Currently all cables are held in some really attractive conduit along the skirting.

Is it possible to support say a 3x4 m plasterboard on batons stuck to the ceiling with some NMN type of glue? ( They need to support nothing but themselves and plasterboard. )

I cannot drill into the ceiling, 1) its too hard and 2) i dont want it falling in on me along with the rest of the building.

Would I have to support via the walls and some kind of bracketing system?

Anyone had this job done before and know how much it might cost?

Many thanks in advance for any comments

Sponsored Links
No no, I probably wouldnt attempt it, in some rooms you can see where the material has been chased to route the light cable into the middle of the room. Its chipped I imagine it took some effort to do, hence the comment about it being solid as rock. The property is mid 30's.

I have had one builder suggest putting nails up into the ceiling?

Sponsored Links
you need a good sds drill and good quality masonary bits brown plugs and 10 gauge screws every 200-250mm centres timbers can be 400mm centres packing as required to keep ceiling level and use planed timber so they are all same thickness

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back