Flashing around a soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody
I am thinking of building a "lean-to" with a POLYCARBONATE roof, problem i have a soil pipe which needs to come through the roof, What is the best way to seal around this.
Also my house is pebble-dashed and when this new roof joins the house, what would the best seal to use ( lead, flashband or is there anything else on the market)
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Montycaboodle

Sponsored Links
Montycaboodle said:
Hi everybody
I am thinking of building a "lean-to" with a POLYCARBONATE roof, problem i have a soil pipe which needs to come through the roof, What is the best way to seal around this.
You can buy a large aluminium base with a rubber cone and trim back the hole size you want and also trim the aluminium to a round shape with waterproof sealant underneath. I have bought one from Plumbase merchant.
Also my house is pebble-dashed and when this new roof joins the house, what would the best seal to use ( lead, flashband or is there anything else on the market)
The way I would do it, cut a neat groove with a angle grinder then chop the pebbledash back to brickwork then lead flashing, then aluminium render angle stop beading onto the lead and make good plus small amount of pebbledash to match. Might be easier to do this first before roof section.

Many thanks MASONA and KEVPLUMB
It's great to know that their are guys like yourselves out there willing to help others like myself, many thanks again
Montycaboodle
:D :D :D

Sponsored Links
No problem :D
The one Kev has shown is a square shape but you get them in round shape to make it smaller if you want to.
aquariusalygrey.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back