Flashing for low pitch extension roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I'm in the progress of building ground floor extension. It has a low pitch roof, about 18.5 degrees. The difficulty I have is the flashing. I did cut the first strip of it and I'm bit confused if it's all good when it comes to angles. Please, see attached pictures. Normally you would see that angle more aggressive. Is it right/acceptable for that pitch?

Attachments

• IMG_01406.jpg
    IMG_01406.jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 427
  • e2edc67489e01560ca63397276333071478fce8e.jpg
    e2edc67489e01560ca63397276333071478fce8e.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 355
Sponsored Links
Your tuck back angle is way wrong. You need to forsake some of the waterline upstand lead depth and increase the tuck-back angle.

No stepped flashing with render, do it staight and grind a joint at the bottom of the render

Sponsored Links
flat pitch requires wider lead. the lead you are trying to use wont work..... unless you do a straight chase

Thank you guys for all your help - I would go for the straight chase - it makes sense in terms of water line. Thanks again.

Don't forget patination oil once you've installed the lead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back