Flashings on Tyrolean wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Im replacing an old wood porch on a tyrloean faced house, the brickwork is done but when I fit the roof how to I do the flashings, I have the soakers done and ready, but how do i do the equivalent of the stepped flashings on a normal brick face?
Using plain clay tiles, the porch is only 2x1m
All I see is the flashing cut into the render and placed over tiles, but that seems wrong to me.
I can see that maybe I can cut the render back to brick and step into the bricks under?

Sponsored Links
Hi
Im replacing an old wood porch on a tyrloean faced house, the brickwork is done but when I fit the roof how to I do the flashings, I have the soakers done and ready, but how do i do the equivalent of the stepped flashings on a normal brick face?
Using plain clay tiles, the porch is only 2x1m
All I see is the flashing cut into the render and placed over tiles, but that seems wrong to me.
I can see that maybe I can cut the render back to brick and step into the bricks under?
The correct way would be to remove say a 180mm+ margin of render above the tiles and neatly chase the flashing in a straight line. You would then finish/repair the render with a bell cast bead that encroaches onto the lead by 10-15mm or so.

OP,
You mention "soakers" so why not post a pic of the roof?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back