Flat renovation - no 'noisy works' before 10am

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I own a leasehold flat in London and I recently got License to Alter from my freeholder for my flat renovation project.

On the license, it says the working hours are restricted to 8am to 6pm Mon-Fri, and no noisy works are allowed before 10am.

My builder just told me that basically means no work before 10am, which means the project will now take longer to complete, and as he pays his workers a fixed daily rate, the labour cost of the project will go up.

i just wonder how is 'noisy works' typically defined? Obviously demolition is noisy, but other things like tiling and painting are probably not? How do you deal with such situation?

many thanks
Patrick

Sponsored Links
Noisy generally means power tools and demolition, as far as I'm aware. Might affect the early stages more I guess.

Noisy generally means power tools and demolition, as far as I'm aware. Might affect the early stages more I guess.

For tiling that's a bit tricky. Most of the time it's pretty quiet, but when you cut the tiles with cutter that's noisy. So it's pretty confusing to me...

Just tell them to sweep up in the mornings rather than at 4pm. :)

Sponsored Links
Presumably your builder has budgeted for an 8 hour working day? Well he's got that-10am-6pm is 8 hours, just a later start & finish than normal.Builder is working for you, remember.....

The builder is pulling a fast one. Most building work is not noisy, and all he needs to do is plan his work properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back