flat roof patching ?

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Hi, my dad has a flat roof on an extension, when some work was carried out, a pipe was taken out that went through the roof. The people who did it then put a patch over this hole. Its now leaking and my dad wants to know can it be patched up proffessionally or will be advisable to replace the whole roof?

Sponsored Links
It is perfectly possible to do a permanent patch to an existing roof. I would recommend getting a better tradesman than the last lot though.

Is it a felt roof?

In my opinion its not possible to get a ''permanent'' patch to an existing flat felt roof. Once the original felt has been disturbed thats it.

Dont get me wrong, You can patch it, and gain a watertight seal. But for how long.......who knows. It may last as long as the felts lifetime, But then again it may last 6-12 months.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back