Flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just starting to replace my rotten flat roof and have secured down 3 full sheets of 18mm wbp to the existing joists which had furring/sloping timbers screwed into the joists. The boards are all fixed well with ends over joists/battens.

I have a problem in that the end brick wall of the building is slightly proud of the 18mm deck at one end of the roof (bottom of the roof fall, nearest gutter) and then gradually as the roof deck pitch goes up, the wall being level drops away as the slope increases towards the back of the house to leave a gap of approx 80mm from the top of the deck to the top of the wall.

I need somehow to fix in another run of wbp to cover this end wall of approx 270mm wide x the roof length approx 3350m but somehow need a supporting long wedge/furring to run on top of the wall for this 'last piece' to support the wbp and line up to the same fall/pitch as the rest of the deck. How would a piece of supporting timber be cut into a 'large door wedge'

Alternatively I could do without the timber deck and run the roofing felts up the wall slightly at the gutter end and run it down onto the wall at the top end (top of the pitch) I'm worried doing this will strain the felt over time and cause it to crack/split.

This end wall I'm talking about is twin bricked, one for the actual room which is an one storey bathroom extension and the other brick wall is for the conservatory next to this extension. There is a gutter in between the two. The extension wall is proud (about a foot) above the eaves of the conservatory.

Sorry about the long winded question and I hope someone can offer some advice.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply noseall. I have just taken three pics. Can I e-mail em to you? my e.mail is ********************* drop me a line and I'll forward pics if that's OK?

Cheers,

Mark.

Moderator 3
You can only show your email adrress in your profile, you can send the email with pics to [email protected] to upload them for you

Sponsored Links
Hello Noseall,

Not sure if this is correct but photos as below on photobuket. You can see how the deck slopes and I requre a way to fill this ready for the felt.

DARTHVADER03

DARTHVADER03

DARTHVADER03

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back