'Flat' tile trim? How do the corners work?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Better try and explain what I mean by 'flat'! Well, its metal stuff that is right angled - so part of it sits behind the tiles and the narrow strip sits on top of the tiles. I've used the quadrant trype stuff before, but never this . . . I bought it from B&Q and its made by homelux (though I can't find it on thier website)

I'm tiling kitchen splashbacks and for the most part it shoudl be simple enough to mitre the trim - BUT, there is a window so there will be external corners and two places where three peices of trim will meet . . . .its these corners I'm a bit bewildered by . . .

er, am I making sence???

thanks!

Huey

Sponsored Links
I wish someone would answer this , as I want to know as well :(

And how do you cut the top piece of trim if you're only going halfway up a wall. Do you cut it on the wall?

C'mon lads.....

hey growler - well I've finished the tiling, and the trim wasn't as tricky to deal with as I thought. . . . on the three way corners I mitred two of the trims, then just butted the third up - as you say though you do have to cut a fiar bit of the 'back bit' of the trim away. has come up nice! am really pleased with it - despite cost - it was about 4 square metres of 100 by 200 pilkington gloss white tiles - about 70 quid for the tiles . . .and EIGHTY quid for the trim! could take pics if you are want to see trim in more detail . . .

good luck with yours.

Huey

And how do you cut the top piece of trim if you're only going halfway up a wall. Do you cut it on the wall?
You can do it 2 ways Growler.
You can either fit the tiles then slip the trim in behind (not too keen on this method cause it can pull the tiles away from the wall and seperate the adhesive.
or
Leave the row/column of tiles that need the trim until last so that you can work out how long to make the trim, then spread adhesive on the wall, stick the trim in it and then fit the tiles.

Come on Huey, let's see some pics of your handy work.

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

Jeeeeez ...this tiling business is a tricky old job.

Respect to you tilers out there. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back