Flat warm roof – how to make deep drip look right

Sponsored Links
Great to see that, I guess that from down below, at least when quite close to the building, the 'step' in the roof will be all but invisible.
Once I've fitted the plastic fascia and soffit and the scaffold is gone, I'll take some piccies of the job from the ground.
Watch this space.....

• Thanks
Reactions: oly
Sponsored Links
The latest instalment - roof tiled in, including a 'Winchester' cut to the dormer gable. Plastic soffit and fascia next....

Looks an extremely professional site and that flat roof is so much better than full depth to the edge.

flat roof is so much better than full depth to the edge.
Yeah, kinda agree.

I have kept the entire soffit overhang the same for the whole of the various roofs, i.e. flatty, dormer main roof etc. I have also planned for the same fascia depth everywhere, i.e. 150mm including the flatty. This alone should give the job uniformity. Or like my old man says "like it growd there".:cool:

I will photograph it all again once the scaffold is down and the soffit, fascia and gutter fitted.

flat roof is so much better than full depth to the edge.
Yeah, kinda agree.

I have kept the entire soffit overhang the same for the whole of the various roofs, i.e. flatty, dormer main roof etc. I have also planned for the same fascia depth everywhere, i.e. 150mm including the flatty. This alone should give the job uniformity. Or like my old man says "like it growd there".:cool:

I will photograph it all again once the scaffold is down and the soffit, fascia and gutter fitted.

Nice, I will try to do the same with mine. Sounds like your ol' man is a builder too? I'm hoping to build as much of our extension as possible, in reality this probably means just the carpentry.

Latest instalment - spot the difference!

Existing dormer (right hand side) flattie replaced with pitched roof including Winchester gable.

All soffit gutter fascia fitted.

Velux and vent added to existing rear elevation roof.

Scaffold gone.

Nice job!

Looks good but can you not talk them into removing all that pvc on the front face next to the chimney, if you tiled that then I think the whole thing would blend better aesthetically speaking.

Looks good but can you not talk them into removing all that pvc on the front face next to the chimney, if you tiled that then I think the whole thing would blend better aesthetically speaking.
Yeah, it's a typical '60s build along with the period chimney. The neighbours keep asking when are we going to render the chimney!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back