Flex 20 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The keypad panel on my Flex 20 is showing a series of stars. Whilst I was away we had a thunder storm which knocked out my internet (it impacted the router). It also appears to have knocked out the intruder alarm, which sat next to it. When I went to check it there was no power coming out from the panels 15v power supply. I subsequently plugged in a 12 volt one which powered up the alarm and the keypad, which is now displaying a series of stars / asterisks, and is non responsive.

I assume this is because the alarm system needs 15 volts to fully function and the batteries have been completely discharged (checked the one on the control panel and it was down to 6 V) and need to be replaced,

My question is does this sound a feasible explanation and plus where would be a good source of parts (batteries / power supply) ?

Plus does anybody know whether the alarm has anything to protect the circuitry in the event of thunder and lightening storms.

Many thanks

Scoobz

Sponsored Links
It's possible for an electrical surge to cause damage. There is basic protection in the circuits, but there's always the possibility of damage.

If you plug your supply in, what does the on-board panel PCB LED do ? If it starts flashing a code (like morse with an LED), then it will do this if the power is not sufficient for the CPU to start up.

Any 15V supply at 1A+ will do.

If you connect a new or fully charged battery, then the panel should start up as soon as you connect it.

Sponsored Links
Galaxy guy that is exactly what it is doing - an SOS flash.

Have sent you an email.

Thanks for the help really appreciated

Scoobz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back