Flexable bath waste 38mm?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My new bath has a 38mm waste, its on the end of a flexible corrugated pipe (bit like a hoover pipe) it has about a 6 inch section that is 38mm.

A 40mm compression is too big, as is a solvent weld, or push fit. But 32mm is too small. (obviously)

Any idea's how to make this work. It'd be perfect to keep this pipe, as the bath is going to be mounted in the floor, and it'd mean it could be lifted out should we need access to anything in the future. I've got a CNC lathe at work, and thought about making something from aluminium, but surely this isn't the "normal" way. Is there something i'm not familiar with?

Sponsored Links
I think you'll find the 40mm compression will work - it won't feel all that tight but so long as the rubber ring is there and its fully tightened it should be leak free.
John :)

Sponsored Links
i think you bought you bath off ebay :LOL:
Seriously though Ive had this problem before with dog baths, had to use a compression and make up some slack with ptfe, proper bodge but so is the equipment provided so what can you do :p

i think you bought you bath off ebay :LOL:
Seriously though Ive had this problem before with dog baths, had to use a compression and make up some slack with ptfe, proper bodge but so is the equipment provided so what can you do :p

Hello,

Ebay/china! haha.

To be honest the quality of the bath isn't bad. And of course I could change the whole waste, but the flexable part would be very handy.

I've just bought one of these,

http://www.screwfix.com/p/flexi-waste-straight-coupling-38-45mm/81383?_requestid=1077112

It certainly doesn't look like it'll do the job. But it says it will so i'll try it.

The next thing I was thinking was an automotive silicone reducer, these will stretch enough to go over. This might help people searching in the future.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Straight-...ing_MJ&var=&hash=item43ab859119#ht_1115wt_904

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I'm not sure if i'm looking at the wrong thing, but they seem to be 40mm like others.
No idea where you are looking, but McAlpine, on their website, use imperial sizes for the Multifit range. You want 11/2".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back