Flexi seals???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been asked to fit a new toilet for a customer, but the soil pipe is lead and is moulded on to the pan outlet and looks too small for a standard pan connector.

I've been advised by the Plumb Centre that the easiest way to get round the problem is to use what they called a 'flexi seal' to bridge the gap. a coupling with 2 jubilee clips...one end goes over the lead pipe and the other end over a new piece of soil pipe then work from there to the new toilet (or so i presume)

Just wondering if anyone has used one of these :confused:
Dont want to cut out the old toilet only to find i have to replace the whole soil pipe :!:

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I've done that before. I got a 3 1/2" x 4" - 4" round the soil pipe - 3 1/2" straight on the pan con. Just remove the rubber from the pan con and tighten the jubilee flexi on to it.

Worked ok for me :)

markie said:
You will get many replies but if I was a client I would not like to see j clips, it does not look professional. ;)

I did think this myself, but it is more than likely going to be boxed in if possible and this seems to be the cheapest/easiest way of doing it

Lee-King, thanks for the reply

Sponsored Links
markie said:
You will get many replies but if I was a client I would not like to see j clips, it does not look professional. ;)
Quite right..I`ll just get out a couple of lbs. of grade D and the blowlamp pricker.....now where did I put that 4inch thimble and the red-lead putty ;) :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back