Flexi waste pipe under suspended bathtub

I can't make out what the flexible " trap" connects into ,probably a solvent weld fitting.
You will need to cut the Flexi ,close to where it meets the fitting, and then very carefully remove the part that's left inside the fitting, which is very likely solvent welded.

Sponsored Links
Thanks @terryplumb

So my plan is to take it all apart without causing any damage.

Then connect this bath trap to the bath waste, connected to a 135° bend, with a flexible connector leading to the pipe coming out of the wall.

Does the above seem ok? We're doing house renovations in a few years when both bathroom will be renovated anyway.

You won't be able to do any of the above until you seperate the existing Flexi from the fitting currently sticking out the wall,which itself may prove challenging.

Managed to get down to this, but I imagine you're going to say that's not enough. I tried getting to the pipe going in to the wall, but it's welded together far too well.

IMG_4881.jpeg IMG_4884.jpeg

Any connections I can make to fit this? Any other options I have?

The replacement 32mm flexi pipe end is a couple of mm too big to fit in to this hole.

Sponsored Links
Why don't you just hacksaw it off and use a solvent weld straight coupling on the accessible part of what I assume is 40mm rigid waste pipe coming through the wall?

Solvent welding is definitely within the realms of DIY.

It's a coupling that's sticking out the wall, not a pipe. The pipe ,or what's left of it,needs to be removed from the coupling.
Of course…missed that.

OP- if access from other side is difficult (can’t really tell from photos), any easier options from underneath and cutting small section of plasterboard out of ceiling?

Thanks @drives
@terryplumb actually talked me through what to do, so got a jabsaw and going to try to gently saw the male pipe out.

If that doesn't work, then yes it is accessible from below, but would that help as this pipe is surrounded by tile??

I think if my attempt at sawing out the male pipe fails, I'll have to call in a pro.

I think I've given up!

IMG_4893.jpeg IMG_4892.jpeg IMG_4891.jpeg

The fitting coming out of the wall feels/looks like a coupler.

I've made a channel on the male pipe, but when I'm trying to remove this small section of pipe inside, it looks like it's pulling at the outside fitting and I can't get any purchase between them. I don't want to damage the coupler fitting, so I'm leaving it here.

Thanks for your help everyone. Really appreciate it.

It's clear from the last pics that thickness of the coupling is much thinner than the thickness of the remains of the old flexi pipe. Something as wide as the piece in-between your cuts ( like an old ,blunt chisel) tapped in between it and the fitting may break the bond. Tapping inward,away from the fitting.
Now that you can take an accurate measurement of the outside diameter of the fitting ,what is it ? Is it around 45millimeters ?

I tried tapping inward but it was still not breaking the bond. And the angle under the bath was too awkward to get any force behind a flathead screwdriver tapping inward.

Here's a picture I took with measurements...

IMG_4890.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back