Flexible hose connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 10mm flexible hose connectors for my kitchen taps. The pipe connection doesnt have a compression fitting, just a nut with o ring inside, what connectors do I use to connect these?

Sponsored Links
Have O rings both ends, one end is the tap end that has male thread with O ring that screws into tap, the other end is like a compression nut with O ring inside.

like this
p1817016_l.jpg

Sponsored Links
similar, but nut is reverse to that and screws onto a fitting rather than being fitted to pipe, like the washing hose ends.

Yes, can i use a standard compression fitting and screw onto that?

Probably 3/8" thread. You will need a reducing bush 3/8" male x 1/2" then connector to 15mm, unless you can find fitting to convert in one go. Also isolating valves are a good idea on tap supplies.

I've been caught like this before and have gone out and got a 3/8 to 15mm connector and then found the supplied one in the bottom of the box! - check the packing again :)

You've got imported tails and the 10mm also restricts water flow.

Did you buy them off Ebay (surplus quality flat development) from China.

I couldn't find a true matching compression connector to 15mm pipe, the tail pipes needs a surface to bed against (like the washer variety as you said)

They are not in the box and had no joy at plumbers merchants.

I had to file a bigger flat on the compression thread ends and even then you might cut the rubber washer because it doesn't quite centre itself.

Best advice if you were not desperate to fit the taps
Buy UK 1/2" Taps & Tails I did after 2 months of restricted flow

The tails are from Spain, along with the rest of the kitchen and taps, etc. Managed to find a fitting in PTS, but only from hose to 10mm pipe. Will use those and use 10mm to 15mm compression to step upto 15mm. Thanks for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back