Flexible hosing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I recently moved my kitchen cabinet to replace it and found that there was a 1.5m flexible hose connected between the copper pipes. It is about 1 meter away from the boiler. I looked on the net and found that they have 13mm bore holes.

Should I replace these pipes with 22mm copper pipes as it might be restricting the flow of the water returning to the boiler?

Sponsored Links
It is not a filling loop (as i can see that on the boiler). It is not connected to any water supply. Just connecting the two 22mm copper pipes together.

Sponsored Links
Any chance of a piccie?

View media item 14792
rofl5.gif

thats arnold my frog over my shoulder btw ;)

Sounds like it has been done like that as a diy bypass.

I would get a plumber in to check what has been done and whether it is actually doing anything! :D

Haven't got a pic at the moment. The flexible hosing is metal braided. Basically there are two pipes one is flow and return. On the return pipe looks like someone has put a flexible hose (looks like diy job). I was thinking does it effect the flow rate to the boiler as the pipe is 13mm bore or does it not matter as the pipe is not that long?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back