Flexible pan connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've used one of these to connect a BTW toilet to a soil pipe:

$_57.JPG

I know they're not the most favoured product but it made installation a lot easier.

My question is with regard to the black end. The pan connector is very secure and won't go anywhere. However the black end has two diameters of rubber seals. The first smaller ones go in nicely (straight into the soil pipe) Then the first of the wider ones folds back but won't quite push inside the soil pipe. It touches against the 2nd wider seal. The final one is left untouched.

Is this on far enough? I'd have preferred it to go in a bit further but I can't push it in any further.

It isn't leaking at the moment but I wasn't happy at the amount of effort to pull it back out. (It needed a bit of a pull to get it out but I'd have preferred it to have been a bit harder to pull out!)

Sponsored Links
Did you pop some silicone grease onto the fins? That one's designed as universal from 90mm up to 110mm soil pipe. If the smaller fins went in nice and snug then I wouldn't worry. If you want it all the way in (ooer ;)) then get a McAlpine Flexi for the size of outlet you have.

What is the standard size soil pipe?

I've not got anything to hand that can accurately measure it in place but it looks to be about 100mm diameter. I think I've got an off cut I can measure.

I'll try some grease on it tomorrow

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back