flexis with iso on wras?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When going to a plumbers merchants and getting flexis with iso valves on do you need to ask for wras approved or are they all ok for drinking water? Need some for a sink which I'd of thought need to be wras. The toilet and basin maybe not thou?

Sponsored Links
Anywhere there is the possibility that the water could be used for drinking, cooking, food prep, ice. etc should be fed through WRAS approved fittings and pipework. Other components not WRAS approved may use materials that are not tested or were tested and not considered safe for ingestion.
Toilet can use anything, basin though, do you brush your teeth in the basin?

WRAS approved for the whole lot. People may take water from the bathroom basin for drinking, and although people probably won't be drinking from the toilet cistern, it's most likely connected to the same mains cold water as everything else.

Hep2o launched a new range of Flexi Tap Connectors a few years ago, I'm pretty sure they are WRAS approved, can't see Wavin bringing a new product out that doesn't comply with the regs.

As for some of the cheap imports, ???

Sponsored Links
I always prefer WRAS flexis, thinking that perhaps they may be of better quality to cheaper options, whose manufacturers didn't bother to have tested.

Non WRAS approved flexis can sometimes cause bad smells/taste in drinking water due to the rubber breaking down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back