Flickering LED lamps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A while ago we had some LED lamps installed in our kitchen. A couple started to flicker, not majorly, but enough to notice. Our sparky changed these and they now seem ok.

However, a couple more now have started to do the same. They have been changed about three times on the assumption that the lamps were dodgy, but they still continue to flicker. The sparky tells me he has not had a problem with any other lamps he has fitted, which to me says that this is not a problem with the lamp, but more of a wiring/connection issue. Yet he still says its dodgy lamps.

Any clues?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Try swapping a none flickering lamp with a flickering one. This will tell you if it's the lamp or the fitting (or wiring to it) which is at fault.

Also are they 12Vor 230V?

They are 240V.

One now seems to be working fine, but still have one problem one remaining. It's ok 99.9% of the time, but then flickers madly for a minute or two before settling down again. The other lamps on the same "circuit" are fine. It is situated next to a vent for the extractor fan. Could this be impacting on it?

Does the fan on or off affect the flickering?

BTW.. with your figures 99.9% flickerfree operation doesn't sound too bad to me..............

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back