LED flicker

The output waveform is a 12VAC sinewave

The output has two terminals. Measuring voltage with respect to one of the terminals does the voltage on the other terminal :-

a) vary between +12 volts and -12 volts

or

b) vary between 0 volts and 24 volts

Sponsored Links
I've now got hold of another one. I can confirm that with an LED it works and does not cause an increase in power or overheating unlike other SMPS I've tried.

Not sure about the reliability however.

Sponsored Links
I've now got hold of another one. I can confirm that with an LED it works and does not cause an increase in power or overheating unlike other SMPS I've tried.

Not sure about the reliability however.
This transformer does not state specifically it is for LEDs, but does the business. So, what is your overall conclusion?

This SMPS does not state specifically it is for LEDs, but does the business. So, what is your overall conclusion?

It appears to work (apart from possibly reliability problems). I would still go for a DC power supply designed for LEDs or a toroidal transformer. After all you get what you pay for.

Yes, this thread appears concluded and now asleep. I hope you learned something from it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back