floating floor, plywood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had a new garden shed (7sqm) installed over a some concrete pavers I layed as the base. Typical of me I Should have just layed a slab, because I'd like to use the shed as a bit of studio and lay some sort of timber floor and I've got an uneven floor. I am thinking plywood or one of those floating floor systems. I got a piece of plywood board 1.5 x 1.5m as trial and it showed up how uneven the pavers are, which are individually very level but say the ones two away from each other are at slightly different heights say up to 5-7mm in variance and as such the board bounces from one end to the other. Any suggestings on how to fix the floor ( I dont want to use battens because it cuts into my height) and which may be the better to lay. The plywood sheets are probably easier (and cheaper) but I dont really want to stick them to pavers rather plonk them down over a couple of sheets of plastic membrane first anjd try and use the underlay to even out the floor but perhaps just a silly idea. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You could try to level your floor out with different kinds (or several layers) of underlayment before you install your plywood?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back