Floor and wall details

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2017-02-23_155156_zpsuxiv6ojr.png

Hello folk,
I having trouble getting my head around the finish details below. Should the DPM go behind the batons? Where should the vapor barrier on the wall and floor finish? The electric cables do they go behind the vapor barrier?

Thanks in advance

Simon

Sponsored Links
Why do you need a DPM on a party wall? If this was an external wall then you'd be looking at trapping a DPM behind the battens.

A VCL will go directly behind the plasterboards and the cables will go in the void behind the VCL.

Why do you need a DPM on a party wall? If this was an external wall then you'd be looking at trapping a DPM behind the battens.

A VCL will go directly behind the plasterboards and the cables will go in the void behind the VCL.

Hello noseal,
DPM is under concrete floor and up the sides of every wall concrete touches. Should DPM be cut off level with slab?
VCL is vapor barrier?. I know vapor barrier goes behind plasterboard but where does it finish in relation to DMP?

DPM is under concrete floor and up the sides of every wall concrete touches. Should DPM be cut off level with slab?
Depends. It can be connected (lapped) to a vertical DPM and trapped behind battens if this wall has an external damp problem.

VCL is vapor barrier?. I know vapor barrier goes behind plasterboard but where does it finish in relation to DMP?
The twain do not meet. The VCL is controlling moisture generated within the (warm side)room and should be taped or sealed to the insulation etc.

Sponsored Links
Use duct tape, silicon, foam, foil tape or whatever will form the most appropriate seal whenever the VCL is breached. Good practice would be to have insulation or ex-foam backing to prevent cold bridging of metal back boxes on external walls.

As Woody and me have queried earlier - why the need for the robust moisture control on a party wall?

Use duct tape, silicon, foam, foil tape or whatever will form the most appropriate seal whenever the VCL is breached. Good practice would be to have insulation or ex-foam backing to prevent cold bridging of metal back boxes on external walls.

As Woody and me have queried earlier - why the need for the robust moisture control on a party wall?

I have external walls as well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back