Floor disaster !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me please !

I have laid new floorboards and am now in the process of staining them. However i have applied knotting solution first. After staining one board where the knotting solution is the stain has not taken and have been left with round marks around the outside of each knot. It looks terrible.

Have tried sanding over the knots, but this has not worked.

Is there anything that removes knotting solution ??
Or am i going to have to re-board the room ?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me please !

I have laid new floorboards and am now in the process of staining them. However i have applied knotting solution first. After staining one board where the knotting solution is the stain has not taken and have been left with round marks around the outside of each knot. It looks terrible.

Have tried sanding over the knots, but this has not worked.

Is there anything that removes knotting solution ??
Or am i going to have to re-board the room ?

Thanks.

You dont need to use knotting solution when staining,the only way now would be to hire a floor sander to get it off,if you go down this road though you would have to be very careful how you use the machine because it will destroy the boards if not carefull

Thanks for the answers. I used nitromors paint and varnish stripper to remove the knotting solution (took ages !!), then re-sanded the floor. Have stained the floor today and looks perfect !!
Thanks again for your help.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the answers. I used nitromors paint and varnish stripper to remove the knotting solution (took ages !!), then re-sanded the floor. Have stained the floor today and looks perfect !!
Thanks again for your help.

Hi
Glad you managed to sought floor out without drastic action.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back