floor finally down!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Well after about 6 months of faffing around i have finally managed to fit 36sqm of solid oak flooring in the downstairs of my house!! First I must say thanks to wood you like and matty for their contributions in my previous posts. I have glued the floor down to concrete after much deliberation of method, I guess I chose this way as I do a fair amount of tiling work too as a plumber so i guessed it would be similar.After pulling back the carpet I found that the previous self levelling compound had cracked or was hollow in several places so decided to chip the lot up. From here i applied a liquid dpm and then self levelling. Floor was then laid using rewmar polymar adhesive (seems to be just about the safest product to use) which admittedly did go everywhere!! Left approx 15 mm gap around all walls which have been covered by new skirting!
All in all a job (i think!) well done, although judging by how knackered I am hats off to you blokes who do this for a living!! Its hard work!!!!
Cheers,
Dan

Sponsored Links
Hi Woodulike,
Sorry for such late reply!!!! Forgot all about it!! Yes will post some pics as soon as I work out how!!!
Cheers,
Cure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back