Floor insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Can someone please confirm the correct way to insulate a floor before screeding.

The floor screeder has told me to lay the required insulation (80mm) all over the floor before he comes to lay the screed. I mentioned about laying vertical insulation around the perimeter and he told me that there's no need.

On the inside of the external walls, I will be fixing 35mm battens and then 12.5mm plasterboard, should I use 40mm of insulation vertically to where the top of the screed finishes.

I was told before that it stop cold bridging and it also creates an expansion gap for the floor screed.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I was told before that it stop cold bridging and it also creates an expansion gap for the floor screed.

Both statements are correct. Can't understand your screeder's comments. 40 mm seems ok to me but could use 30 mm too. The difference in heat loss will be very small.

Perimeter upstands is mandatory in new floors. 30 or 40mm is fine. Bring them to the top of the screed.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guy's.

Don't think I'll be using this guy then if it is a standard thing to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back