Floor Joist for Bathroom Conversion Pondry....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just looking into the feasibility of converting an upstairs bedroom into a bathroom.

Before getting too involved into getting the pro's round for full inspections/assesments I've been sniffing around the room looking at the basic structure of the floor.

Floor joists are 55x200 at 440 centers, with a span of 1500mm to 2000mm supported below, assuming wall plates and timber are in good conditon.

This to me seemed a touch weedy and expected to see slightly wider joists at closer centres, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

House is circa 1936

Are the joists up to it? Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
LOL @ pondry :LOL:

Anyway, joists sound fine to me. are you going for a bath or shower?

Thanks for the reply...

We are looking at a bath with shower depending with the obvious provisions on how easy it will be for an electrician to get the power up stairs (CU is not far away although the route for cable upstairs isnt great).

The intention is for the bath to be posistioned 90deg to the running direction of the joists i.e the long length of the room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back